Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Marmot Basin

So after working from 5 p.m. till 3 a.m. on Tuesday evening; Myself, Ginger, Courtney and Suzy piled into Courtney's car and headed out on a four hour drive to Jasper. We arrived just in time to be some of the first people on the lifts (not to mention getting to see the sun come up in the Rocky Mountains). I decided it was a perfect time to test out my new GoPro Hero Helmet Cam, not to mention a great time to get tipsy and test the water-proof-ness of the camera in the hot tub.

Check out photos after the jump, and a quick video preview of an edit from the trip to come.

So I'm not a pro snowboarder by any means, but in prep for a season of riding with people at a much higher skill level than myself, I decided to start pushing myself a little harder and see what I could get done.

Today I rode my first black diamond, and double black diamond routes. Suzy and I both managed to throw ourselves down the runs with no experience whatsoever and survived. It was a huge confidence boost and on the second time down the same route, Ginger came along for the ride and snapped a great photo.

Nathan vs. the Mountain
And below is a few clips thrown together in a bit of a preview of what's to come from the helmet cam clips...


Keep in mind that this is with no real editing done to any of the clips or any time taken to really make it look good. I just wanted to see what the video would look like online and give you all something to check out in hopes that you'll come watch an actual edit once it's done.

Stay Tuned!

Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

  1. awwww man....makes me think of snowboarding and my first times to the mountains. i have similar esque pics of me looking at the mountains and deep in thought kinda deal.

    we really gotta go riding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney was in the Chalet for the intro to the black diamonds...she was getting her drink on early
    says ginger, suzie and courtney

    ReplyDelete